Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Painting Hoodoos


Work in Progress
 
Here is the latest update on my Bryce Canyon painting. Admittedly, it was easier to “carve out” the hoodoos and canyon when the canvas was painted entirely one dark tone. But without the outlines and underlying sketch to guide me, it would be more challenging to form a close resemblance of the landscape layers, which is my goal.
Now I will evaluate the balance of colors from one area to the next and add more details in the rock formations. There also needs to be something to break the horizontal pattern of the distinct four sections...

 

2 comments:

  1. This is looking good. I am loving that sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki,
    Your comments have been so encouraging! I am finally satisfied with the sky, so now I'm working on the details of the landscape. This painting is certainly a challenge. Thanks for helping me along :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!