Monday, May 21, 2012

Cat Oil Painting

The Inquirer
8x10 Oil on Panel

And here’s a little something for the cat lovers.
When I walked through the front door, I was greeted by this adorable wide-eyed kitty looking up at me. My friend has ten other cats and none were quite as curious as Sweetness. After realizing this stare-down wasn’t going to end anytime soon, I took out my camera and tried holding it still, while giggling under my breath. Maybe she was expecting a treat or perhaps I appeared funny to her. Animals do the cutest things.
The most challenging part about this painting was the whiskers. I don’t know how to create long fine lines using oils or acrylics. Hopefully, I will discover the secret sometime soon.

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a fantastic job on Sweetness. and what a cute name. Her eyes remind me of my kitty I just lost, Glove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaime,
    I'm so sorry to learn about the loss of your cat, Glove! Animals bring such joy into our daily lives. Sending you a warm hug. She was in good hands.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!